Today we know smoking is a major risk factor in the development of cardiovascular disease which is the number one cause of death worldwide, and with obesity and diabetes on the rise it doesn't appear that that trend is likely to change anytime soon.
The good news is that you may be able to prevent cardiovascular disease by adopting a heart-healthy lifestyle. Here's how!
- Don't smoke or use tobacco. (Click Link)
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes on most days of the week. (Click Link)
- Eat a heart-healthy diet. (Click Link)
- Maintain a healthy weight. (Click Link)
- Get regular health screenings. (Click Link)
Food for thought:
- How do today's t.v. and online commercials/ads influence our lifestyle choices?
- Have companies become more cleaver, or have they become more transparent in the way they market there products?